Photo: Stuart Perry (Shutterstock)
If you regularly light a water pipe, it will quickly become apparent that your smoking device can get swampy. The tap water you use to filter the smoke can turns your bong or bubbler into a damp grotto, unless you empty your piece regularly and clean it thoroughly.
Stoners have to diligently disinfect their bongs, bubblers, and vape pens, or use a dirty piece that stinks and thus suppresses their cool mood. Here are some tips on how to keep these important tools clean so you can enjoy them to the full without breathing a sip of dirt.
Why should you clean your water pipe?
Bongs are the largest of the glass pipes, so they can get the dirtiest. It is important that what you breathe is filtered through clean water. Like any stagnant body of water, bong water can develop mold and fungus (Fusarium, a pink fungus that reproduces in damp environments and likes to grow in and around bong percolators). according to Herb.co).
G / O Media can receive a commission
Needless to say, decoupling mold from your weed smoking routine at all costs. Mold can cause “nasal congestion, wheezing, and red or itchy eyes or skin.” according to the CDCalthough some people are far more prone to symptoms than others. There are also rarer conditions such as hypersensitivity pneumonitis which, when exposed to excessive exposure to “sensitizing substances such as bacteria, fungi, organic dusts and chemicals”, can cause symptoms similar to pneumonia, such as fever, cough and chills. the CDC notes.
Overall, use only common sense: if the water in the bottom of your pipe is opaque and cloudy, you are likely playing by not cleaning it up before your next session.
How to clean your bong or bubbler
Fortunately, the hygiene process isn’t complicated. Most seasoned bong aficionados recommend two simple things about cleaning a water pipe, 99 percent isopropyl alcohol and rock salt. The alcohol is used as a disinfectant while the rock salt sticks to the glass walls of your piece to ensure that all of the mass is absorbed.
Follow these guidelines to clean your bong or bubbler:
- Remove the stem and bowl and completely submerge them in a plastic bag filled with alcohol.
- Make sure your bong is empty, then pour alcohol and rock salt into it. Weedmaps recommends Use about 1/4 cup at a time, but the amounts will vary with the size of your piece.
- Once the alcohol and salt have set, shake your bong vigorously until a good amount of resin has dissolved. Of course, you have to plug all holes so that no water leaks out. You can do this with whatever fits or use your hands (with rubber gloves).
- Use both hands when shaking as this is a piece of glass and you don’t want it to fly.
- Lift out everything, including the stem and bowl.
An alternative method: boil your bubbler
Another method that some people prefer is to boil the water pipe in apple cider vinegar and water.
As Weedmaps explainedAll you need is a couple of supplies (though you run the risk of stinking your kitchen for a moment). The following has to be done:
- Put 2 cups of water and 2 cups of apple cider vinegar in a sauce pan.
- Bring to a boil, then simmer.
- Put the water pipe in the pan and let it simmer for an hour. (Make sure your pipe is room temperature before putting it in water as cold pipes can crack, Weedmaps notes.)
- Remove the pipe (which is likely hot) with tongs and place it on a towel to dry.
How to clean your vape tanks
If you’re into modern weed technology, you can consume THC with a vape pen. Whether you’re using hash oil or regular old e-vape juice, these devices are a little more complicated to clean than a bong, but not by much.
First, let’s start with how to clean the tank of a vape pen like it was distilled from Veppo Vape Shop In this video:
- First of all, you want to completely disassemble the device, that is, remove the steam tank from the battery and coil.
- Make sure that no excess e-juice drips out of the device.
- Soak the tank in warm soapy water, but only after making sure your tank can withstand anything other than normal water (your user manual will usually tell you about this).
- Clean the battery, coil, and mouthpiece with a Q-tip or a cotton swab.
- Take the tank out of the warm water and let it sit on a paper towel for 10-15 minutes.
- It is recommended to do this every 2-3 weeks or whenever you change the e-juice flavors.
Between Extending the health of your device’s coils and topping up your e-juice level, servicing an e-cigarette or other vaping device is a Universe in itself. However, once you understand the basic mechanics of your device and how it works, cleaning it becomes a habit – another step on your path to cannabinoid relaxation.