Dr. Laura Berman mourns her teenage son.
On Monday, February 8, the New York Times bestselling author and sex therapist confirmed on Instagram that her 16-year-old son Samuel Berman Chapman died of a drug overdose.
“My beautiful boy is gone. 16 years old. Protection at home. A drug dealer contacted him on Snapchat and laced him with Xanax and fentanyl and he overdosed in his room,” shared Dr. Berman on social media. “They do this because it attracts people and is good for business, but it overdoses and the kids don’t know what they’re taking. My heart is shaken and I’m not sure how to keep breathing. I’m just posting this now so that no more children will die. “
The Language of Love podcast host added, “We were watching him so closely. Just a college student. We were preparing for college. The experiments went bad. He brought the drugs into the house. Please watch your children and take a special look at SNAPCHAT. So they will. ” You.”