A significant new version of Telegram is now being rolled out for all platforms. The update includes new shopping features for buyers and sellers, updated voice chat tools for groups, new gesture controls for phones, and much more.
There’s a lot to talk about, but before we get to the big feature updates, let’s talk about Telegram’s new web clients first.
New Telegram web apps
Yes, you read that right: web clients. Two of them: Telegram Web K and Web Z. Both versions are stand-alone Telegram web applications that work on mobile devices and desktops and occupy less than 400MB on your device. In contrast to web clients from other chat apps, you can stay logged in with Telegram Web K and Z without your phone having to be synchronized and nearby.
In our quick guide, the two web app versions only differ in their graphics: Version K has a slightly wider chat screen, the menus are a bit more compact and the icons have a 3D button design. Version Z’s symbols are flatter and the color palette is more desaturated in comparison. In some cases the time stamp formats also differ: In version Z, messages older than “30. November 2020 ”, while version K uses the format“ 30.11.2020 ”.
G / O Media can receive a commission
Otherwise the apps are identical. Their user interface / navigation is the same and they support the same functions. Either version lets you play with Telegram’s “animated stickers, dark mode, chat folders” and new in-app payment options (more on that in a minute).
The new Telegram web apps are now available: Web K. or Web Z.‘Choose your poison.
What’s new with Telegram’s “Payments 2.0”?
First, Telegram’s in-app money transfer tools have been redesigned to be more useful for companies selling goods through Telegram. Telegram calls this update “Payments 2.0”.
The app now supports eight more third-party payment options: Stripe, Payme, Click, Yandex.Money, LiqPay, Ecommpay, Sberbank and Tranzzo. (The app also supports Google Pay and Apple Pay.)
The new payment tools can be used in any chat. There is a new tip option during checkout that shoppers can use to add additional tips to their orders.
Telegram does not collect commissions on in-app transactions, nor does it process payments itself. Instead, it relies on various payment providers around the world to process and store your sensitive information. Neither Telegram nor the bot’s developers can access payment information.
The new payment options 2.0 are available in Telegram version 7.7 for mobile devices. Version 2.7.2 for desktopand in the newly started web clients. The company has launched one Demo channel This is where you can try the new features for imaginary products that you don’t pay for. Traders who want to sell their goods by telegram should visit them Bot payments support page to get started.
Schedule voice chats in Telegram
Telegram recently released its own version of clubhouse-style audio chats. This feature allows Telegram group administrators to host live chats that all group members can listen to.
Originally, voice chats could only be started manually. Starting with version 7.7 on iOS and Android, administrators can now set up voice chats so that they begin on a specific date and time. This should make it easier to plan and promote these live conversations.
How to schedule a voice chat in Telegram:
- Open your group’s or channel’s page.
- Tap “Voice chat. “
- Choose “Schedule voice chat.”
- Use the rotary dials to set the voice chat time, then press “Schedule Voice Chat” to save your selection.
- Go to your or channel or group page.
- Tap the three-dot menu button.
- Choose “Start voice chat “ then “Schedule voice chat.”
- Use the menu to select the date and time to start the chat.
- Tap Schedule Voice Chat to save.
Large countdown timers for upcoming voice chats are displayed at the top of a group page or channel. Group members can tap the timer and then toggle “Set reminder” be notified when the broadcast goes live.
Telegram’s apps have new controls and appearances for gestures
Telegram version 7.7 also includes a handful of minor upgrades for Android and iOS users, including:
- Voice chat profile controls: Mobile users can now tap another user to view their profile picture and bio during a voice chat. You can also tap your own profile to edit your information without leaving a voice chat.
- Pinch to zoom an image: You can now zoom in on photos in Chat View by pinching your fingers instead of opening a picture in Media View.
- Time shift of the video player: While watching a video, double tap the left side of the screen to rewind 10 seconds or double tap the right side to fast forward 10 seconds (you can also tap and hold to time jump).
- New animations on Android: Android users will notice new, smoother user interface animations while using the app.
Telegram version 7.7 is now available on the website Apple App Store for iOSwhile the Android version will be live on Google Play in the coming days – telegram says The Android update was slightly delayed due to problems with Google. However, if you don’t want to wait, Android users can Download version 7.7 directly from Telegram’s website and download it to their devices from the site instead.