Photo: Focused Adventure (Shutterstock)
On the heels of Southwest Airlines Two-for-one credit card businessAmtrak has just started a new promotion, the Valentine’s Day Buy-One-Get-One Free SaleAttendants can travel for free on most train routes. Here’s what you need to know.
How do I get a free ride
The time window to benefit from the promotion is limited to a few days as you have to make your purchase by next Tuesday, February 16th. Customers can purchase a ticket that includes a free companion for nationwide travel between February 22 and August 27, using the code C214 at the box office or at amtrak.com/vdaysale.
Your companion must be traveling on the same reservation and you must travel together. Upgrades to Acela First Class and Non-Acela Business Class are valid upon payment of the full accommodation fee. However, upgrades to thresholds are not allowed. The offer cannot be combined with other discount offers.
Popular lines like that Auto Train, Northeast Regional, The, Southwest boss, Empire Builder, and the California Zephyr are available for this discount. Offer does not apply to Amtrak Cascades, Pennsylvanian, Keystone Service and 7000-8999 Thruways routes.
G / O Media can receive a commission
Adhere to CDC guidelines and adhere to important travel operations
If travel increases the risk of the spread of COVID, the CDC asks that you delay the trip if you can. As with air travel, CDC customers should verify this country-specific travel advice and note the limitations for the intended goals.
While your safest bet is not to travel at all, Amtrak has taken additional safety precautions:
- Amtrak strives to have employees 100% vaccinated and is currently paying employees to take their shots. per Fox Business.
- Federal law and Amtrak policy require all customers and employees to wear a face mask or cover that completely covers their entire mouth and nose.
- Bookings for reserved trains are limited to allow greater physical distancing. People traveling alone can use the seat next to them for personal items.
- Amtrak does a thorough cleaning and disinfection of its trains prior to service, with additional cleaning en route to disinfect toilets and frequently touched surfaces.
- Plastic protective walls have been installed at customer counters in train stations and on worktops in café cars.
- All Amtrak trains are equipped with on-board filter systems that have a fresh air exchange course every four to five minutes.