Photo: Ellyy (Shutterstock)
Whether you’re someone who inexplicably felt comfortable indoors during the pandemic (when this was an option), or you want to keep supporting your local restaurants but worry about whether they are taking the right safety precautions Yelp Make the whole process easier for us. It’s in their best interests too: The company reported seeing it Consumer interest increases by 41% for businesses that added COVID-19 business updates to their Yelp pages between September 1 and December 31, 2020.
Over the summer, Yelp revamped that COVID-19 section on company pages so that they can easily add information about their updated service offerings and specific health and safety precautions. At the same time, the app allowed users to leave feedback on health and safety practices observed in companies – a way to point out less ideal experiences to other customers.
This week, Yelp rolled out additional features that allow customers to learn more about a restaurant’s COVID-19 safety precautions and report when employees ignore public health measures like wearing a mask. Here’s what to know.
Yelp’s new COVID-19 security features
These updates were added to the app on Tuesday January 12th. That’s how the company explained them in a recent blog post::
Yelp indicates whether or not users have observed the enforcement of social distancing or the wearing of masks by employees. We know that many companies prioritize the health and safety of their customers. This new update further shows how businesses have adapted to keep their customers safe and is designed to build consumer confidence to continue serving local businesses.
We have also added new service offerings and health and safety practices, including “heated outdoor seating,” “1: 1 sessions available,” and “one-way or contactless menu” to help businesses communicate how they feel about themselves Continue to adapt to changing health orders and consumer expectations.
G / O Media can receive a commission
In addition to displaying information about user observations, the new features in Yelp make it easier for customers to provide feedback on a restaurant’s compliance with public health measures.
Companies can also indicate whether they have enacted any of the following Service offerings and health and safety practices::
- Employees checked for symptoms (available to all companies)
- One-way or contactless menu (available for restaurants, bars, and nightlife)
- Heated outdoor seating (available for restaurants, bars, and nightlife)
- Covered outdoor seating (available for restaurants, bars, and nightlife)
- Indoor dining (available for restaurants, bars, and nightlife)
- Private dining (available for restaurants)
- DIY meal sets (available for restaurants)
- Outdoor services (available to fitness and beauty companies)
- 1: 1 sessions available (available for fitness companies)
- Limited group sessions available (available for fitness companies)
There is a lot More information on Yelps blog post– Including how to ensure that user-generated feedback is presented fairly.